Associate Professor, Agricultural and Applied Economics
||329 Taylor Hall
427 Lorch St.
Madison, WI 53706
||Applied microeconomics; intellectual property rights and industrial organization; production economics.
||Tuesday & Thursday 12:15-1:00 p.m. or by appointment
My research focuses on firms' strategic behavior including pricing and bundling in the biotech seed market; technology, innovation and intellectual property rights; and productivity, profitability and adoption of agricultural biotechnology.
- Shi, Guanming, Jean Paul Chavas and Joseph Lauer. 2013. "Commercialized Transgenic Traits, Maize Productivity and Yield Risk" Nature Biotechnology 31:111-114
- Shi, Guanming, Jean Paul Chavas, Joeseph Lauer, and Elizabeth Nolan. 2013. "An Analysis of Selectivity in the Productivity Evaluation of Biotechnology" American Journal of Agricultural Economics 95(3):739-754
- Shi, Guanming and Carl Pray. 2012. "Modeling Agricultural Innovation in a Rapidly Developing Country: The Case of Chinese Pesticide Industry" Agricultural Economics 43:377-388
- Shi, Guanming, and Jean-Paul Chavas. 2012. "Market Concentration and the Analysis of Vertical Market Structure" International Journal of Marketing Studies 4(1):2-6
- Shi, Guanming, Carl Pray, and Wenhui Zhang. 2012. "Effectiveness of Intellectual Property Protection: Survey Evidence from China" Agricultural and Resource Economics Review 41(3):286-297
- Shi, Guanming, Jean Paul Chavas, Kyle Stiegert and Xiangyi Meng. 2012. "An analysis of bundle pricing: the case of biotech seeds" Agricultural Economics 43:125-139
- Shi, Guanming, Jean-Paul Chavas. 2011. "The Effects of Vertical Organization on the Pricing of Differentiated Products" Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 36(3):448-464
- Shi, Guanming, Kyle Stiegert, Jean-Paul Chavas. 2011. "An Analysis of Pricing in Horizontal and Vertical Markets: The Case of U.S. Cotton Seed Market" Agricultural Economics 42:77-88
- Shi, Guanming, Jean-Paul Chavas, Kyle Stiegert. 2010. "An Analysis of the Pricing of Traits in the U.S. Corn Seed Market" American Journal of Agricultural Economics 92(5):1324-1338
- Stiegert, Kyle, Guanming Shi, Jean-Paul Chavas. 2010. "Innovation, Integration, and Biotech Revolution: The Case of U.S. Seed Markets" Choices 25(2)
- Shi, Guanming. 2009. "Bundling and Licensing of Genes in Agricultural Biotechnology" American Journal of Agricultural Economics 91(1):264-274
- Shi, Guanming, Jean-Paul Chavas, Kyle Stiegert . 2009. "Pricing of Herbicide Tolerant Soybean Seeds: A Market Structure Approach" AgBioForum 12(3-4):326-333
- Shi, Guanming, Jean Paul Chavas, Joseph Lauer and Elizabeth Nolan. "An Analysis of Selectivity in the Productivity Evaluation of Biotechnology: An Application to Corn" American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Last updated on Fri, Feb 14, 2014 9:25am