Faculty - Corbett Grainger
Assistant Professor, Agricultural & Applied Economics
||411 Taylor Hall
427 Lorch St.Madison, WI 53706
||environmental and natural resource economics; distributional effects of environmental policies; property rights in common pool resources; political economy; applied microeconomics
||Tuesdays 3:30-5:00pm or by appointment
I am an environmental and resource economist working on domestic and international markets. Much of my research focuses on the political economy of environmental and natural resource economics. I am particularly interested in the distributional impacts of regulations, policies, and property rights. My current work includes several projects on the monitoring and impact of air pollution in the U.S., China, India and Southeast Asia.
PhD, Economics, University of California, Santa Barbara (2010)
MS, Applied Economics, University of Minnesota (2005)
BA, Economics, German, Concordia College (2002)
Recent Papers & Publications
- Grainger, Corbett and Christopher Costello. 2016. "Distributional Effects of the Transition to Property Rights in a Common Pool Resource" Marine Resource Economics 31(1):1-26
- Grainger, Corbett, Jean-Paul Chavas, and Nicholas Hudson. 2016. "“How Should Economists Model Climate Change? Tipping Points and Nonlinear Dynamics of Carbon Dioxide Concentrations” " Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 132(B):56-65
- Grainger, Corbett and Christopher Costello. 2014. "Capitalizing Property Rights Insecurity in Natural Resource Assets" Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 67(2):224-40
- Grainger, Corbett and Dominic Parker. 2013. "The Political Economy of Fishery Reform" Annual Review of Resource Economics 5:369-86
- Grainger, Corbett. 2012. "The Distributional Effects of Pollution Regulations: Do Renters Fully Pay for Cleaner Air?" Journal of Public Economics 96(9-10):840-852
- Grainger, Corbett, and Charles Kolstad. 2010. "Who Pays a Price on Carbon?" Environmental and Resource Economics 46(3):359-396
- Grainger, Corbett, and Charles Kolstad. "Distribution and Climate Change Policies." in Cerda, Emilio, and Xavier Labandeira, ed. Climate Change Policies: Global Challenges and Future Prospects. Edgar Elver, 2010,
- Grainger, Corbett. 2010. ""Redistricting and Polarization: Who Draws the Lines in California?"" Journal of Law and Economics 53(3):545-567
- Grainger, Corbett, Jean-Paul Chavas, and Nicholas Hudson. "“How Should Economists Model Climate Change? Tipping Points and Nonlinear Dynamics of Carbon Dioxide Concentrations” " Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization.
- Grainger, Corbett and Christopher Costello. "“Property Rights, Regulatory Capture, and Exploitation of Natural Resources”"